Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Where is Hill House, St Helier?
We are located at Bishopsford Road, Morden, SM4 6BL.
How big is the main hall and its capacity?
The main hall is approximately 20m long by 14m wide. The maximum people that can be accommodated in the Main Hall is 150.
How big is the training/ meeting room and its capacity?
The main hall is approximately 5.2 long by 5m wide. The maximum people that can be accommodated in the training room l is 15.
Do I need to download software for booking?
No. This is all managed online. You can manage bookings from a computer, an iPad or even your smart telephone.
How does someone make a booking?
The bookings are made on our website https://hillhousesthelier.co.uk where you can check all booking requests to have a rough idea for the available timeslot first. If you are not able to select a certain time or day it means that specific slot has already been taken.
Does the hirer need to make an account?
Yes, you need to make an account so Hirers have the choice of just making a one-off or long-term booking, creating an account and logging in to make a booking. If the hirer creates an account, he/she doesn't need to type in contact details each time.
How does a hirer know if the hall or training/meeting room is available?
By checking the online calendar. If you are not able to select a certain time or day it means that specific slot has already been taken. The hirer doesn't need to call anyone.
Is the hirer's contact info public?
Your hirers' contact information is hidden on the calendar unless you decide to make it public.
Our venue has multiple rooms. Can people choose which rooms to book?
Yes. They can select specific venue such as Main Hall & Kitchen or Training room.
How does the hirer pay?
Hirers can see a calendar of all the bookings for your venue. They can make a booking which an administrator will then review and approve.
We can include information pages telling your hirers about the venue, with photographs and documentation.
I'm running a charity event. Can the hall be hired for free or at a reduced rate?
Yes. As you fall under a charity and partner, we will provide 20% off the whole amount.
Where do I get the keys from to open and lock up the Hall at Hill House?
The hall will be opened and closed for you by our caretaker at the start and finish time you selected.
Can we access the hall outside the booked hours to setup or clear away?
No. If your event requires time to setup before the event or clear away after the event then those hours must be included and paid for as part of your booking.
Can I get a refund for a cancel booking?
· No refund of the hire fee will be made if the booking is cancelled by the Hirer 14 or fewer days before the event was due to take place.
· 50% of the hire fee, whichever is the greater, will be retained if the booking is cancelled by the Hirer more than 14 days but less than 28 days before the event was due to take place.
· Full refund of the hire fee if the booking is cancelled by the Hirer 29 days before the event was due to take place.
· Charges or repayments due to cancellation will be actioned within 14 days of the notice of cancellation being received.
· If the Hill House cancels an event at any time, it will refund the hire fee and any damage deposit to the Hirer. No further payment in lieu of such cancellation will be made.
How many car parks can be provided for weekend booking?
We have 40 spaces including 2 disabled spaces. Vehicles are parked at owner’s risk, and may be parked only in the marked spaces. The space at the side of the hall is reserved for emergency vehicle use, but may be used temporarily for unloading.
Can I put decorations up around the hall?
· Yes, you can use white tac to stick decorations up however we ask hirers not to use cello tape or pins in the walls.
· Hirers are not permitted to hang decorations which require working at height due to your own safety and the fragility of the ceiling.
· We do not lend ladders to hirers and ask that you do not bring your own.
· If decorations are hung up which breach the terms and conditions you will lose your deposit. If a deposit was not charged due to the length of the booking you will be charged as a breach to the terms and conditions.
Does the hall have Wi-Fi Internet?
No, it doesn’t.
Is the hall wheel-chair accessible?
The main entrance to the hall is wheel-chair accessible. However, the toilet is via steps and unfortunately our stair lift is out of service until further notice.
Can I bring/serve alcohol?
· The Hall does not have an alcohol Licence. Therefore, the Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such Licences as may be needed whether for the sale or supply of intoxicating liquor, in respect of consumption on the premises.
· Hirers wishing to sell alcohol at an event in the Hall must hold a Temporary Event Notice. No alcohol may be sold to anyone under 18 years of age.
· The serving and supply of alcohol is permitted within the Hall and its outside surroundings but not beyond the site.
· The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that people consuming alcohol on the premises do not do so irresponsibly or to excess so as to cause any damage to the building and/or the surrounding grounds or any nuisance to local residents who might hold the Hall responsible for such anti-social behaviour failure to keep your event under control can lead to a loss of your deposit.
Can I bring a bouncy castle/ inflatable?
You would need to hire the bouncy castle yourself and supply us with the public liability insurance from the hire company. We also have a height limit of 3 meters in that hall.
Are there chairs & tables I can use?
Tables and chairs are included within the hire of the hall cost. We do not hire out tables and chairs outside the centre.
Is there fridge I can use?
We have one fridge/freezer located in the kitchen and one fridge in the hall available to use.
Is there crockery I can use?
Please insure you bring your own crockery.
Is there cutlery I can borrow?
Please ensure you bring your own cutlery, including tea spoons.
Is there microwave or kettle I can use?
There is a microwave and kettle in the kitchen, please give them a clean/wipe down when you are cleaning the kitchen at the end of your event.
Are there tablecloths I can borrow?
We do not have any tablecloths you can borrow.
Is there TV I can borrow?
We have no TV or TV license.
Must I clean up after an event?
The hall must be as clean and tidy after your event as when you arrived. Please note that the doors will be opened by the caretaker at the start time you have booked and will return to lock up at the finish time you have chosen. Set up and clean up is included in your chosen time so please don’t wait until the very end to start tidying as this will lead to a loss of your deposit. You may have access to our cleaning cupboard where you will find everything you need to leave the hall/ kitchen clean and tidy.
Where can I put my rubbish?
Please place all rubbish in the large bins located at the rear or the carpark before you leave.
What can I do for lost property?
If you leave any of your property at the hall, please contact the Hill House on 02086483917 or email us email@example.com in the first instance. If the item is found, we will put it aside for you, any unclaimed Lost property will be kept for a month. We do not have the storage to keep hold of it for longer than that so please try and "sweep" for belongings before you leave the hall.
How can I leave feedback?
If you would like to leave any feedback regarding the hire of the Hill House, please just drop us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, please don't hesitate to speak to our staff at Hill House at 02086483917.